Biologically Active Oxidative Therapies (BAOT)
The use of biological active oxidative therapies (BAOT) is a powerful adjunct to healing methods. Activated oxygen, as found in peroxide (H2O2) and ozone (O3), are a powerful “oxidants”. Cells get their energy from cellular respiration which is dependent on the presence of oxygen. CANCER cells may get their oxygen from fermentation, which requires no oxygen. When the cancer cell is surrounded by a high oxygen environment, it is often less able to grow and divide.
Biologically Active Oxidative Therapy stimulates cell receptor sites in white blood cells, so that it can play a key role in stimulating the immune system.
Powering Up the Immune System
VIRUSES also can’t function well in a high oxygen environment. Biologically active oxygen in the bloodstream causes lipid peroxidation, which seems to help in the reduction of serum cholesterol and triglycerides, so maybe helpful for cardiovascular disease as well.
Biologically Active Oxidative Therapies stimulates cell receptor sites in white blood cells, so that it can play a key role in stimulating the immune system. It stimulates lymphokines and cytokines from lymphocytes and monocytes as well as Tumor Necrosing Factor, Interferon and Interleukin production, all of which are the body’s natural chemical defenses to infectious microbes and carcinogens.
Biologically Active Oxygen is Catabolic and Does the Following:
- Helps to stimulates white blood cell production
- Functions as bactericidal, virucidal and fungicidal
- Directly increases oxygen delivery to all active cells
- Can be preventative to the growth of cancer
- May assist red blood cells to flow through clogged blood vessels
- Is meant to increase the production of interferon, interleukin-2 and tumor necrosis factor which help fight infection and cancer
- Supports anti-oxidants to rid the body of too many free radicals
- Facilitates the body’s ability to degrade toxic chemicals
- Works as part of the Kreb’s cycle (citric acid cycle) helping it to function at it’s optimum which creates energy from carbohydrates, protein and fat metabolism
Biologically Active Oxidative Therapies produces a general wellness in sick patients by increasing the oxygen tension in the body tissues
Biologically Active Oxidative Therapies stimulates cell receptor sites in white blood cells, so that it can play a key role in stimulating the immune system.
The many uses of Biologically Active Oxidative Therapies include support with:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Infectious Disease such as acute and chronic viral, fungal and bacterial infections, Epstein Barr Virus, herpes simplex and zoster, hepatitis, HIV, candida infection, EBV, CMV, parasitic infections
- Pulmonary diseases: Helps reduce the inflammatory side of: Asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, mycoplasma pneumonia, COPD
- Immune Illnesses: Diabetes, hypersensitivity reactions, MS, arthritis
- May help with other illnesses: Alzheimer’s, Cancers (especially blood/lymph cancers), chronic pain, migraines, Lyme’s disease, Bell’s palsy, arthritis, colitis, chronic wounds, peripheral nerve regeneration
Biologically Active Oxidative Therapies Offered at IMI
The Institute for Integrative Medicine offers several different methods of Biologically Active Oxidative Therapy including Major Auto Hemotherapy and hydrogen peroxide IV’s.
High-Dose Vitamin C IVs
When given intravenously, high levels of vitamin C in the blood generate the production of hydrogen peroxide and thus have an oxidative effective as mentioned above. High dose Vitamin C is often used adjunctively to help fight cancer cells. High Dose vitamin C has been used for many years in the oral and intravenous delivery to reverse acute and chronic disease. IMI considers vitamin C therapy to be critical for toxicity and immune deficiency syndromes.
Ozone Therapy/Major Auto Hemotherapy (MAH)
Ozone Therapy is a treatment that involves temporarily removing between 100-250 milliliters of blood from the patient, infusing it with medical grade ozone, and then slowly reintroducing the highly oxygenated blood back in. One thing you will notice is that the blood turns bright red once the ozone is added. This is oxygenation working before our eyes! The patient will most likely feel an immediate boost in vitality after the treatment, which can take between 1-2 hours.
Interested in Biologically Active Oxidative Therapies?
The use of BAOT is a powerful adjunct to our many integrative healing methods and can help power up your immune system.